There are a few posts lined up this week, some of them covering heavier topics (such as the oh-so-much-discussed Saint Laurent collection). So, before things get a little deeper, let’s take a look at a few lovely things…
(6) Mr Porter is known for all kind of things such as menswear and style. They are also known for giving good advice where advice is needed and for portraying beautifully style icons. Put all those things together and in print: you have a very much coveted book. (4) This tiny camera by Minox would certainly fit into any bag that I own. That could be reason enough, but let’s not kid ourselves: I would probably buy that one for the looks only. Same thing applies when it comes to this watch. (3) I sure do need (!) one on my wrist by now and yet…the Uniform Wares version could be easily seen as nothing more than an accessory. (1) and (2) There is still snow outside, people! And all I can think about is spring. And all white looks. The off-white sweatshirt by Iro seems like a good option (I quite like the short sleeves with turned-up cuffs), especially when combined with a white jean (slightly on the slouchy side). (5) The final touch would be brought courtesy by Converse. Good old chucks. They don’t need any introduction, right? For some, they might be too „cliché“. For me, they seem just right.
(1) Iro: Leola Sweat Top (2) Rag & Bone: The Dash Jean (3) Uniform Wares: 250 Series Steel Wristwatch (4) Minox: DCC 14.0 Camera (5) Converse: Chuck Taylor All Star (6) Mr Porter Paperback
It’s highly time for the first Wanted list of this year, mesdames et messieurs. As always I have chosen a few things that I love or would love to have:
(1) the gentlewoman isn’t really a surprise, I’m never getting tired of saying how much I love this magazine. A few weeks ago I checked the website in order to learn about the new issue and the release date, but nothing has been revealed yet. So I was really happy when Natalie shared the new cover with me via Twitter earlier this week. I must say I really like it and what I might like even more is the prospect of interviews with Susan Sarandon and Isabel Marant. Simply put: Can’t wait to get my hands on a copy! (2) I’m not quite sure if I just like the idea of striped shoes or if I would actually wear them. (3) I heard so many good things about that mask that I’m really tempted to try it. (4) My Instagram account is flooded with pictures of coffee, so it may be hard to believe that I am serious tea drinker as well. I love the simplicity of this enamel tea pot and would love to have it around in my kitchen. (5) To find the perfect T is not as easy as it might seem in the first place. The Gap menswear section is a great option in my opinion. (6) the row. Again. I simply can’t help myself. The price tag might be ridiculous, their range of products on the other hand is ridiculously good looking.
Do you have some current favourites? I would love to hear…
(1) the gentlewoman (2) Zara: Pumps (3) Aesop: Parsley Seed Cleansing Mask (4) The old faithful shop: Enamel Tea Pot (5) Gap: The Essential Crewneck T (6) the row: shoulder bag
This week’s wanted list is dedicated to the upcoming holidays and more precisely to what I would consider a perfectly suited outfit…
(3) You can never go wrong with a black and white combination and the perfect base for that is a wool-twill black pencil skirt. (1) A simple white shirt would definitely be a good choice, but I found an even better option: a white peplum top. (6) To round the whole look up, I suggest these classic black pumps which are currently available at Zara. Make-up wise I would go for a dark colour for the nails and a bold red lip. (2) Butter London offers a great palette of shades, so I would probably pick a dark grey over the usual black. (5) Chanel offers in turn great options when it comes to finding the perfect red lipstick. The shade Pirate looks just about perfect in my opinion. When it comes to accessories, choose wisely. A peplum top offers enough amount of detail, so one piece of jewellery would be probably more than enough. (4) Maybe a cutout ring by Samma? (7) And since it was one of the subjects on this blog last week, I would consider this silver clutchbag by 202Factory as my evening companion (which I discovered thanks to Sabrina by the way).
(1) Topshop: Sleeveless Zip Peplum Top (2) Butter London: Chimney-sweep nail laqueur (3) J.Crew: Wool-twill Pencil Skirt (4) Samma: Cutouts Ring (5) Chanel: Chanel Rouge Allure in the colour Pirate (6) Zara: leather pumps (7) 202Factory: Simply Silver Clutchbag
Another week, another wanted list (Ha, saying that makes me feel a bit like a showmaster). Now that the temperatures dropped for real and we experienced the first day of snow, it isn’t that hard to imagine anymore: Christmas is knocking on the door. Luckily, I’m able to report that I’m almost settled gift wise (that doesn’t necessarily make me win some sympathy points, does it?). Nevertheless, I collected a few items which, as always, range from ridiculous pricy to nicely affordable and yes, this time it’s all about and for men. So let’s get started…
(1) Can one ever have enough winter coats slash jackets? I don’t think so and if you have any doubts, one look at this beauty is more than enough to change your mind. (5) A T-Shirt? Seriously? Yes, seriously. Because of the delicate dyed effect. (2) Noting his appointments in a pocketbook schedule makes him probably a rarity. Although he probably enjoys doing this in style. (3) A classic chrome ballpoint pen might just be the perfect companion to do that. (4) Burt’s Bees Lip Balm, because he is only human, after all. And for once, he can approve of the packaging. (7) A propos packaging: L’Occitane has not only very good quality products, they look very nice as well. (6) A cotton and leather bag which would be his new daily companion. I’m pretty sure of it.
(1) A.P.C.: Duffle-Coat (2) Mucu: Olive Pocketbook Schedule (3) Pentel: Chrome Ballpoint Pen (4) Burt’s Bees: Lip Balm (5)Maison Martin Margiela: Overdyed Cotton-Jersey T-Shirt (6) Billykirk: Large Caryall (7) L’Occitane: After Shave Balm
It’s time for this week’s wanted list and so I created a tiny collection of things which I find quite irresistible. (1) Since it is high time to think more and more about layering, the idea of a sleeveless coat is quite appealing. I think that the clean cut is perfect for all kind of combinations. (6) My earring’s collection must be the smallest part of my jewellery box. These seem not really like the type you would wear on a daily basis, but they surely would be perfect for the evening. (5) It is incredibly easy to imagine this bag as a daily companion. I came across this beauty when visiting Wit & Delight and was immediately won over. (4) Speaking about leather goods: if you are in search of a classic and elegant wallet, I highly recommend Il Bussetto. The quality is divine and you will not faint once you see the price tag. (2) Although you can do pretty much everything with your smartphone, I find it important to have a pen with me. This one is a lightweight, writes beautifully and looks sharp. A keeper! (3) And since I need some paper to write my notes down, those ideas books make a lot of sense and look lovely on top.
(1) Boutique: Notch Collar Sleeveless Coat (2) Muji: Wooden Ballpoint Pen (3) Poketo: Ideas Book (4) Il Bussetto: Bi fold wallet (5) Lotuff: Leather Tote (6) Monica Vinader: Nugget Zodiac Earrings
A few lovely things which are very much worth to figure on my list. A grey sweater that has the potential to be the perfect one (I like both the neckline and the dropped back hem). A slightly heavier scent which is not only „wanted“, but very much beloved. A pair of handcrafted men’s shoes which is by the way just one among many others I would consider buying as a present (I do not dare to speak of Christmas yet, at least not officialy). The 14th issue of the Acne Paper which will be the perfect read this week. And a black umbrella which reminded me that some classics are never getting old.
(1) Rag & Bone: Lund Pullover (2) Balenciaga Paris Eau de Parfum (3) Shoepassion.com: N°532 (4) Acne Paper: 14th Issue (5) Swaine Adeney Brigg: Collapsible Travel Umbrella